So I’m thrilled to report that last night Jered, Brent & I got together at Randor’s studio (Turnkey Studios) and finalized the mixing for the record. We made a few changes and just got to sit and listen to the final versions of all the songs. It was pretty magical for me! We sat down and crunched numbers and decided who we’re going to approach for mastering and how much money I have left (well, how much credit I have left that is). I’m relieved to say that I’m most likely going to make it within my budget. I may be broke afterwards, but I will have a finished record that I am very proud of. I can’t believe it’s been almost 2 years since we started working on this project!!!
Some pictures from last night:
So after two years worth of blogging about this project, we’re nearing the light at the end of the tunnel. The guy I want to master my record is in pretty high demand, but I want it done right. I’m hoping when I email him later today that the wait time won’t be too outrageous.
Also after two years of dying to have this album done, here we are (almost) and last night I couldn’t help but have a weird feeling of anxiety that it’s over. All the time and effort we’ve spent is now wrapping up and I guess I was enjoying the creating process more than I thought because now it’s over and the real work starts! Getting stations to play it, people to buy it and getting our songs out there. I do enjoy doing those things so it’s all good but it’s a lot of work and I want to do it right. Here’s hoping!
So there’s the update for now. Hopefully I’ll have a finished product in my hands within the month!